Do you wish you had a rocking beach body? Is the mirror your enemy because you don’t like what you see? Do you feel fat flabby and out of shape? Are your love handles and excess fat getting you down?
These are some of the questions that Phenocal claims it can address for you.
They say that their:
Powerful weight loss formula can be felt almost immediately.
They also state that:
This product will maximize your fat burning results while providing increased energy and improved alertness throughout the day.
Sounds like some sort of miracle! Let’s have a look if there is anything to backup their claims.
Read our Phenocal review.
What Is Phenocal?
Phenocal is dietary supplement pill. It is marketed as a powerful, all natural, maximum strength fat burner1.
It is also claimed to be the number one rated weight loss product. There is no indication where this rating came from.
The company that makes this pill is Pharmaxa Labs. Their mission is:
to produce the most effective scientifically advanced formulas available today
They produce a range of dietary supplements.
Time to see what is in Phenocal.
Some of these in this product are over double the recommended daily dose. This may contribute to the development of obesity. They also play a role in the release of energy from the foods that we eat 2.
This is a B vitamin. May improve hair, nail and skin health. It is however felt that further study is necessary.
Some studies indicate this may help reduce hunger, cravings and binge eating in some people. It may not be effective in promoting meaningful weight loss if you are overweight or obese. It may be even less effective if you are not overweight, even when combined with exercise3.
This is another B vitamin. Excess folic acid may contribute to weight gain4.
This is found in brown seaweed. It is the pigment responsible for its color. One study showed that it may benefit weight loss when combined with pomegranate seed oil5.
This is a water soluble fiber derived from the Konjac Plant. There have been numerous studies on this ingredient that have reached inconclusive results. They suggest that glucomannan intake does not generate statistically significant weight loss6.
This has health benefits and may help weight loss7.
This may work as an appetite suppressant. It also may be toxic8.
Green Tea Leaf Extract
This may help with weight loss. It does not appear to have a significant effect9.
5 HTP (Hydroxyptophan)
This is is often used as a supplement to boost serotonin levels. Serotonin is used by the brain to regulate mood, appetite and other important functions. It may help suppress appetite. It may also have some serious side effects10.
This is a proprietary product from Sabinsa Corporation. It is an extract of black pepper. It is a bioavailability enhancer. This means it may help the other ingredients enter the bloodstream.
This is conjugated linoleic acid. It may help reduce body fat11.
How Does Phenocal Work?
The company stance is that Phenocal will speed up your metabolism. They believe that this is the key to weight loss success. They claim that their product will:
Reduce your overall caloric intake and uncover the willpower to cut out diet-killing binges of fatty, sugary, or starchy foods, find a whole new level of energy, and boost your metabolism.
There has been no clinical study on the efficacy of Phenocal.
Your metabolism is a very individual thing. The inference on the company website is that your metabolic rate plays a role in body size and fat storage. It does, but that does not mean that larger people have a slower metabolic rate.
You gain weight when you eat more calories than you burn. Or burn fewer calories than you eat.
There may be some health benefits from the individual ingredients. Some may have a small effect on weight loss.
Phenocal Side Effects
There are no listed side effects.
Phenocal do warn that you should consult a physician before use.
It should not be used by pregnant or nursing women. They also warn it contains caffeine.
Customers have reported experiencing:
- Stomach upsets
Is There Anything Else You Should Know About Phenocal?
There are many Phenocal reviews on the company website. The company tells us:
For purpose of privacy, testimonial pictures have been adapted and are not their names and/or photos. Results may vary, testimonials are not typical results. All testimonials have been remunerated.
Phenocal Reviews & Complaints
Of 76 Phenocal reviews on Amazon, 38% rated the product above average. It has an overall 2.5* rating.
Some customers have experienced benefits from taking this supplement. They are losing weight, have more energy and don’t feel the need to snack.
Kyle Smith writes in his Phenocal review:
Since I have received Phenocal, I have been using it daily. It’s been about 2 weeks now and I have lost approximately 9 lbs. You have to be dedicated in order for this product to work. Dedication is important. I love this product because of the fact that when I take it, I do not have the urge to eat constantly. I recommend taking one in the morning and one after lunch (the afternoon cravings were my worst) I feel more energized through the day and I have a better exercise performance. I am very pleased with the results
It does not work for everyone.
It was a waste of money. Bought it mainly to curb my appetite but it didn’t work. Don’t recommend it to anyone.
Some people report that they have gained weight using Phenocal.
This is my second bottle. It didn’t do anything for me but made me gained 5 lbs. I worked out and watch my calorie intake, I often feel really tired.
Phenocal: Packages, Prices & Where To Buy It
Phenocal Return & Refund Policy
The company offers a 60 day 100% money back guarantee.
On the Phenocal official website you can read:
If you ordered an Medmark LLC product less than sixty (60) days ago and you are one of the few customers that this product does not work for then we will refund your money. Please note that this return policy states that a maximum of 1 unit of an Medmark LLC product can be used/opened and the remaining bottles returned are to be sealed and un-tampered.
Phenocal Pros & Cons
Phenocal Review: Final Verdict
Is Phenocal going to give you a rocking beach body?
Will it get rid of your love handles and fat?
Will it make you want to look in the mirror?
Will you feel the effects immediately?
There are some ingredients that may benefit your health.
Some may increase your metabolism and suppress your appetite. It appears though that the effect from these is minimal.
Phenocal does work for some people.
After all, we don’t all react the same way to things.
You may want to give this product a try.
If you find it does not suit you then you have a money back guarantee.
We laid out the facts in this Phenocal review, will you buy it? Comment below and tell us what you think!
- Jeukendrup, A. E., and R. Randell. “Fat burners: nutrition supplements that increase fat metabolism.” Obesity reviews 12.10 (2011): 841-851. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1467-789X.2011.00908.x
- Melanson, Kathleen J., et al. “Consumption of whole-grain cereals during weight loss: effects on dietary quality, dietary fiber, magnesium, vitamin B-6, and obesity.” Journal of the American Dietetic Association 106.9 (2006): 1380-1388. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0002822306013800
- Vincent, John B. “The potential value and toxicity of chromium picolinate as a nutritional supplement, weight loss agent and muscle development agent.” Sports medicine 33.3 (2003): 213-230. https://link.springer.com/article/10.2165/00007256-200333030-00004
- Vora, A., et al. “Thermal stability of folic acid.” Thermochimica Acta 392 (2002): 209-220. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S004060310200103X
- Peng, Juan, et al. “Fucoxanthin, a marine carotenoid present in brown seaweeds and diatoms: metabolism and bioactivities relevant to human health.” Marine drugs 9.10 (2011): 1806-1828. https://www.mdpi.com/1660-3397/9/10/1806
- Walsh, David E., Vazgen Yaghoubian, and Ali Behforooz. “Effect of glucomannan on obese patients: a clinical study.” Int J Obes 8.4 (1984): 289-93. https://www.lipozene.com/documents/Effect_of_Glucomannan_on_Obese_Patients.pdf
- Jalil, Abbe Maleyki Mhd, et al. “Effects of cocoa extract on glucometabolism, oxidative stress, and antioxidant enzymes in obese-diabetic (Ob-db) rats.” Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 56.17 (2008): 7877-7884. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jf8015915
- van Heerden, Fanie R. “Hoodia gordonii: a natural appetite suppressant.” Journal of Ethnopharmacology 119.3 (2008): 434-437. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378874108004637
- Jurgens, Tannis M., et al. “Green tea for weight loss and weight maintenance in overweight or obese adults.” Cochrane database of systematic reviews 12 (2012). https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD008650.pub2/abstract
- Cangiano, Carlo, et al. “Eating behavior and adherence to dietary prescriptions in obese adult subjects treated with 5-hydroxytryptophan.” The American journal of clinical nutrition 56.5 (1992): 863-867. https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article-abstract/56/5/863/4715513
- Pariza, Michael W. “Perspective on the safety and effectiveness of conjugated linoleic acid.” The American journal of clinical nutrition 79.6 (2004): 1132S-1136S. https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article-abstract/79/6/1132S/4690237