Product Name: Organifi Green Juice
Product Description: Organifi Green Juice contains a blend of USDA organic superfoods that are claimed to reduce stress, improve your skin, boost your overall health, and more.
Value For Money
Over the last decade we have been bombarded with the health benefits of juicing.
It seems wherever you turn you find something to do with juicing. You can find healthy green drinks at your local supermarket, and even at Starbucks. Many celebrities have promoted and endorsed juicing.
There are books, blogs and magazine articles on the subject. There are recipes galore. You can buy all sorts of equipment to help you extract the juice from fruit and vegetables.
The only problem is, do we have the time to shop for all the ingredients we need? And if we do can we always find them all?
There are many companies producing green juices on the market now. These products are aimed at making our life easier. One such company is Organifi. They claim we can get all our healthy superfoods in one drink.
No blending, no shopping, no juicing.
Sounds good. But I wonder, are these drinks as good for us as the real thing?
Let’s delve in and see.
What Is Organifi Green Juice?
The creator of this product is Drew Canole.
He is a self educated health and fitness expert who has written several books. He also founded Fitlife.TV, a website:
Committed to sharing educational, inspirational, and entertaining videos and articles about health, fitness, healing, and longevity.
The product is a powder that is mixed with water or into a smoothie to create a green juice drink.
There is a statement on the container that it has been voted the number one best tasting greens powder. But underneath it says “By Drews Mom”.
Let’s look at what is in it?
There are eleven main ingredients in this product. It is broken down into two blends. A Superfood Blend and an Alkaline Greens Blend.
The Superfoods Blend contains:
- Coconut Water: This may have many health benefits. Coconut water is found in young coconuts and is a good source of fiber, vitamin C and several minerals. It is an antioxidant. It may help with diabetes, high cholesterol, kidney stones and blood pressure. It may also be beneficial after exercise in replenishing fluids and electrolytes.
- Ashwagandha: Also called Indian Winter Cherry or Indian Ginseng. This has been used in Ayurvedic healing for millennia. It is used as a tonic with wide ranging health benefits.It can help with brain function and memory. It has been used as an aphrodisiac, narcotic, and diuretic. It may be a stimulant and may also help with stress. It may be anti arthritic and anti inflammatory.
- Red Beet: Has antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties. It may help lower blood pressure and improve blood flow to the brain. It may also enhance athletic performance.
- Turmeric: This is another ingredient used in Ayurvedic medicine for many years. It is a spice containing antioxidants and may help treat and prevent many illnesses.
The Alkaline Greens Blend contains:
- Wheatgrass: May help with many illnesses including arthritis, diabetes and obesity.
- Moringa: This plant has been used in folk medicine to treat many ailments. It is rich in amino acids which help grow, repair and maintain cells.
- Spirulina: May help with high cholesterol, cardiovascular and inflammatory diseases.
- Chlorella: This green algae contains omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids, polysaccharides, vitamins and minerals. It may have many health benefits.
- Matcha Green Tea: This powder is a concentrated form of green tea. Tea has been shown to help detoxify, boost energy, reduce stress and help weight loss.
- Mint: Has been used for many years to help with digestive problems. It has many other health benefits.
- Lemon: Although not a “green” its inclusion is this powder is worth mentioning. It may help with appetite control and weight loss.
The ingredients are made without gluten, soy or GMO ingredients. It is also vegan friendly.
How Does Organifi Green Juice Work?
This green powder claims to work by giving your body a nutritional boost. This is obtained the many Superfoods in it.
The company claims that it will:
- Give mental clarity
- Support health
- Support healthy skin, hair and nails
- Support immune function
- Reduce stress
- Save time
There may be some clinical support for the claims in some of the individual ingredients. There is however no actual clinical trial of the efficacy of this product as a whole.
It is also worth mentioning the absence of probiotics and enzymes in this product. It seems that a lot of other green powder drinks contain these ingredients. They may help with digestion – according to The Home Dweller.
This powder may save you time on shopping, blending or juicing your own green drink.
Organifi Side Effects
There are no listed side effects for this product. As with any change in diet, you may experience upset stomach, nausea, or a change in bowel movements.
There is a warning on the container that it may include a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or reproductive harm.
Organifi Green Juice Reviews & Complaints
There are many reviews of this product, most of which are positive.
Of 1531 reviews on Amazon, 76% rate it 4* or above.
Many people find it easy to mix and say it has a pleasant taste.
R. Widger writes:
I’m amazed by this product. I’ve been drinking it for less than 2 weeks and I can already feel the difference in my energy level and mental alertness. It tastes quite good as a cold drink. Refreshing and a hint of mint.
There are happy customers who have experienced energy boosts from drinking this juice.
Others report weight loss and reduced craving for sweet things.
Some experience better sleep patterns and better digestion.
Many do comment about the high price but seem happy to pay it.
To start, I don’t write reviews. But this Green Juice is the best I’ve ever had and I’ve tried nearly everyone on the market. I’m amazed at how good it tastes and how easily it mixes with water. I get an energy boost from drinking it and my body craves it. So, I pay the high prices because the product is amazing.
Then we come to the not so happy customers.
There are many comments about the warning on the container in respect the chemicals that may cause cancer. Some people are also not happy with the taste.
Michelle Liebenow writes:
Horrible taste! We use a lot of different supplements & shakes, juicing etc & this is very gritty, strong smell & terrible taste. Not to mention the dust from it makes a mess of like old green dried play doh when trying to wipe off counter etc. It was a waste, we threw it all away after several attempts to make it with different liquids to make it tolerable.
There are some people who also state that the container does not have 30 servings as advertised.
I bought this product for $67 shipped. I was curious as to the health claims despite reading several reviews that said the amount of servings listed on the container wasn’t accurate. The bottle states it should contain 30 servings; it includes a little scoop so you can measure out an exact amount of powder each time. My Organifi contained 23 servings. Not even close to what was advertised.
Organifi Green Juice: Packages, Prices & Where To Buy
You can buy this product direct from the company website.
Each canister contains 9.5 oz of product which they state is 30 servings.
See below how the official site looks like.
Refunds and Returns Policy
This where I got a bit confused.
There is a 30 day 100% no risk money back guarantee on the website.
- You simply contact the Customer Service Department. They will give you a confirmation number.
- You then return you empty canister and invoice. You are responsible for the shipping and handling costs.
- They then state they must receive the canister within 60 days from the date of original purchase for the refund to be valid.
What is confusing is that when you go to purchase it states you have a 60 day money back guarantee. There are no further details of this guarantee.
If it were me, to be on the safe side I would assume a 30 day guarantee. They do state on their returns policy that will not refund outside the guarantee period.
Organifi Pros & Cons
Organifi Green Juice Review: Final Words
This product may save you some time when it comes to shopping and juicing your own ingredients. The price point is high. But it may save you money on sourcing all the individual greens and other ingredients.
There is some scientific evidence in respect of the health benefits of some of the ingredients.
I would be a little concerned that something purporting to be healthy has a warning about possible carcinogens. This warning however is on many products sold throughout the US. This includes electrical wires, jewelry, padlocks, dishes, flashlights, and pesticides. They may contain lead or other metals harmful to health.
If you are looking for a way to get healthy greens into your diet, and you have money to spare, this green powder may be for you. Alternately, fresh fruit and veg in a healthy diet may give you the same benefits.
We laid out the facts, will you buy Organifi Green Juice? Comment below and tell us what you think!