Losing weight on the ketogenic diet can lead to a healthier body fat percentage, more energy, and a clearer mind.
However, starting and maintaining the restrictive keto diet comes with hurdles.
You may face cravings, raging appetite, lethargy, and headaches, all of which can threaten your resolve.
That’s why a high-quality and safe ketogenic supplement is a smart choice during the keto journey.
Not all supplements are worth your money, so proper research is required before taking the plunge.
We are exploring Keto Fuel by Nutriana today, a multi-ingredient keto supplement.
We look into the ingredients, side effects, customer experiences, company reputation, pros, cons, and a final word.
Read more: 3 Best Keto Supplements For Weight Loss
What Is Keto Fuel?
Keto Fuel is an over-the-counter dietary supplement by Nutriana.
It is targeted toward keto-dieters who are aiming to lose weight 1, gain more energy and burn fat.
It contains a proprietary blend of multiple ingredients that are supposed metabolism boosters, appetite suppressants, and blood sugar regulators.
About The Brand
Nutriana is a healthcare supplement brand that sells a range of supplements including keto diet pills, zinc drops, sleep aids, electrolytes 2, and immune support.
Their website is vague in terms of where they are based (the bottle states a Missouri, USA address), and who exactly is running the show.
What’s more, their Facebook page has been inactive since 2018.
The website provides an email address for contacting the company: Info@Shopnutriana.com.
Keto Fuel Ingredients
We are slightly confused about the official ingredients in Nutriana Keto Fuel.
You see, the Amazon listing features one list, while the website listing features another.
We’re guessing that Nutriana has released an updated version at some point, or different regions stock different versions.
Customers have noticed this, too, as reviews state that their product was different from the one advertised.
For safety, make sure you’re clear on the ingredients in the particular Keto Fuel you purchase.
Amazon listing ingredients:
Proprietary blend 1200mg:
- Raspberry ketone powder: despite the name, raspberry ketones are not the same ketones as the ones our body produces when carb-starved (they’re not ketones at all). They’re said to increase metabolism and boost fat burning. However, studies are limited 3.
- African mango extract: research shows it may reduce bad cholesterol and blood sugar while suppressing the appetite.
- Acai fruit extract: a nutrient-rich berry that may regulate cholesterol levels and support cognitive function. Antioxidant-dense, helping to reduce inflammation.
- Green tea extract: rich in antioxidants, supports healthy brain function and boosts thermogenesis. Also, it supports the liver, which is important during the keto diet, as the liver works hard, (and has to deal with higher levels of fat intake) 4.
- Resveratrol: an antioxidant that lowers blood pressure and bad cholesterol, boosts insulin sensitivity, and supports a healthy heart.
- Caffeine anhydrous: boosts energy and focus.
- Apple cider vinegar powder: regulates blood sugar levels and reduces bad cholesterol 5.
- Kelp powder: supports the thyroid, therefore, helps to regulate healthy and effective metabolism.
- Grapefruit extract: supports a healthy heart by regulating cholesterol. However, it doesn’t burn fat like many people assume thanks to fad diets.
Website listing ingredients:
- Raspberry ketones 500mg.
- African mango 300mg.
Proprietary blend 400mg:
- Green tea extract.
- Caffeine anhydrous.
- Apple cider vinegar powder.
- Grape seed extract.
How Does Keto Fuel Work?
- Raspberry ketones aid norepinephrine, a fat-burning hormone, boosting overall fat loss.
- Raspberry ketones boost adiponectin production, a metabolism-boosting, blood sugar-regulating hormone. This helps to burn more calories and reduce the risk of energy slumps and carb or sugar cravings.
- African mango, acai extract, resveratrol, and apple cider vinegar regulate bad cholesterol levels, helping to keep your heart healthy during your high-fat keto diet.
- Caffeine and green tea extract boost your energy levels and kick start metabolism (green tea). This helps to prevent keto flu symptoms such as fatigue and foggy-headedness. This is great for sustaining regular exercise routines and staying motivated during your keto diet.
- Iodine in kelp powder supports a healthy thyroid and proper metabolism function.
Keto Fuel Benefits
- Boosts metabolism.
- Regulates healthy cholesterol levels.
- Regulates blood sugar.
- Boosts energy levels and focus.
Keto Fuel Side Effects
We didn’t come across any customer reviews stating side-effects, but that doesn’t mean there are no risks involved.
You may experience:
- Jitters and increased heartbeat (raspberry ketones).
- Troubles with sleeping (caffeine and green tea).
No matter how safe a supplement may seem at face value, it’s important to check with your doctor before taking it.
Ingredients that may seem innocent may mess with existing medications or health conditions.
Take extra precautions if you:
- Are pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying to conceive.
- Are under 18.
- Have experienced eating disorders.
- Have existing health conditions.
- Are taking regular medication.
Keto Fuel Reviews & Complaints
Keto Fuel has reasonably high ratings on Amazon, but with a decent chunk in the 1 and 2-star sections as well.
However, we were hard-pressed to find reviews elsewhere, so we only have a small snapshot of experience to go on.
The ‘good’ reviews state positive experiences such as:
- Reduced bloating.
- Reduced heartburn.
- Reduced cravings.
- More energy.
- Sharper mental focus.
“This product has not only helped with bloating and food cravings, it has greatly reduced my heart burn! Will be purchasing again! Love that the ingredients are all natural things!”
The negative reviews are telling, with complaints such as:
- No weight loss.
- Does not match what was shown on the marketing materials.
“Was totally the wrong description that was shown, did not contain what it was supposed to have, and did not work!”
“I modified my diet and exercised and I am still the same weight (191 lbs.). Maybe 30 days is not enough. I will try it for 30 days more to see what happens.”
Is Keto Fuel a Scam?
We haven’t found anything to suggest that Keto Fuel is an out-and-out scam.
However, there are a few red flags to suggest that it’s not as straight-laced as you’d hope.
For example, the Amazon listing displays badges that say, “FDA”, and “100% Moneyback”.
This is misleading as dietary supplements are generally not approved by the FDA.
Plus, the money-back guarantee only applies to faulty products or wrong orders.
How do I Take Keto Fuel?
Take two capsules a day, before a meal.
Keto Fuel: Packages, Prices & Where To Buy It
Money Back Guarantee
Nutriana offers a refund policy, however, it’s not a great one.
You can return the product within 30 days of purchase, but only if it’s defective or “materially different from the design displayed in the campaign”.
In other words, if you simply do not like the product, or it causes side effects, you’re not eligible for a return.
See below how the official site looks like.
Keto Fuel Pros & Cons
Keto Fuel Review: Final Verdict
Keto Fuel by Nutriana is a ketogenic dietary supplement designed to improve mental focus, energy levels, and fat burning abilities.
However, we’re unconvinced that it has the punch to give you the results you’re looking for during your keto diet.
Some of the key ingredients have limited research backing their effectiveness, and others can be easily sourced alone.
For example, you can sip green tea, add apple cider vinegar to your water, add kelp to your smoothie, eat grapefruit, and sip coffee.
That covers almost half of the ingredients list.
What’s more, you can be more sure of the amounts you are ingesting, and the purity and source of such ingredients.
We recommend looking for a more surefire supplement proven to boost weight loss.
We laid out the facts, will you buy Keto Fuel? Comment below and tell us what you think!
Read next: Keto Lean Review 2020: Does It Really Work?
- Goldstein, David J. “Beneficial health effects of modest weight loss.” International journal of obesity and related metabolic disorders: journal of the International Association for the Study of Obesity 16.6 (1992): 397-415. https://europepmc.org/abstract/med/1322866
- Robinson, Robert Anthony, and Robert Harold Stokes. Electrolyte solutions. Courier Corporation, 2002. https://books.google.com/books?hl=en&lr=&id=h-AoAwAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PR5&dq=what+is+electrolytes&ots=uR7UYJ-J8S&sig=hP-4qinuIOVdhBptGjzW4s_6dvc
- Wang, Lili, Xianjun Meng, and Fengqing Zhang. “Raspberry ketone protects rats fed high-fat diets against nonalcoholic steatohepatitis.” Journal of medicinal food 15.5 (2012): 495-503. https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/abs/10.1089/jmf.2011.1717
- Jurgens, Tannis M., et al. “Green tea for weight loss and weight maintenance in overweight or obese adults.” Cochrane database of systematic reviews 12 (2012). https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD008650.pub2/abstract
- Holzapfel, Cynthia. Apple Cider Vinegar for Weight Loss and Good Health. Book Publishing Company, 2001. https://books.google.com.bd/books?id=DQW_BgAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false