Dieting can be tedious. Especially when we socialize. It is so tempting when out at a restaurant or at a party to eat whatever you want.
The trouble is if you do eat whatever takes your fancy the guilt sets in. You have to work harder to counter the effects of the fattening foods you have eaten.
CHEATmeals is a dietary supplement that apparently allows you to just that. Cheat on your meals! Eat whatever you want and not feel guilty!
It promises to block 30% of the calories from fats and carbs. It also claims to help you better digest the food you do eat. You just take two pills with a large glass of water 15-30 minutes before cheating on your diet.
Sounds like a pretty big promise. Let’s see if it might work.
What Is CHEATmeals?
This is a weight loss pill from HFL Solutions. It is an online company selling health supplements. They are based in las Vegas, Nevada.
The founder is Dr Sam Robbins. He has a PHD in Molecular and Medical Pharmacology. He is also a Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner (ROHP).
He says that he left medical school early because it:
Limited my ability to help people get and STAY healthy, naturally! By changing direction and getting my Ph.D. and becoming a Certified Nutrition Specialist and a Registered Orthomolecular Health Practitioner, has allowed me to heal the body and to treat and avoid many illnesses, naturally.
CHEATmeal contains 3 formulas:
Fat Blocking & Neutralizing Formula:
Chitosan1 is extracted from the shells of shrimp, lobster, and crabs. It is a fibrous substance that might block absorption of dietary fat and cholesterol. Studies have shown that the effect of chitosan on body weight is minimal. It may not be of clinical significance.
This herbal medicine is made from parts of the pea plant that grow above ground. It acts as a lipase inhibitor. This means it may block fat from being absorbed and digested.
Nopal (Prickly Pear Extract)
This cactus has many health benefits2. It may reduce blood sugar levels and cholesterol. It may also bind to fats in the digestive system preventing them from being absorbed.
Carbohydrate Blocking & Neutralizing Formula:
White Kidney Bean (10:1 Extract Phaseolus vulgaris) Phase 2
This is a potential carb blocker3. It can help block the enzymes needed to digest certain carbs. This may stop the carbs from providing calories. It may also help blood sugar levels. Some studies show that carb blockers may help you lose about 2–9 lbs in weight. Others show that they have no effect. Some studies also suggest that this ingredient may suppress appetite.
Hydroxycitric Acid (Garcinia cambogia)
This is a fruit extract4. It may promote weight loss and control appetite. It is present in a lot of dietary supplements for weight loss along with other ingredients. Studies say that more investigation may be needed efficiency. This applies to weight loss and appetite suppression.
Glucomannon (Amorphphalli rhizome)
The active ingredient in this product is Amorphophallus Konjac5 . This is a water soluble fiber derived from the Konjac Plant. It is also called Elephant Yam or Glucomannan. This fiber can absorb up to 50 times its weight in water. There have been many studies of the effectiveness of this fiber to aid weight loss.
One study carried out in 1984 showed weight loss as a result of taking 1g of Glucomannan with water 30 minutes before meals. This was a small study group of 20 obese people. Since then there have been numerous other studies that have reached inconclusive results. They suggest that glucomannan intake does not generate statistically significant weight loss.
One study in the Journal of Obesity suggests that more research is required. This fiber has been shown to aid weight loss when combined with a balanced diet of 1200 calories per day.
Digestion Enhancing Formula:
Combination of Pepsin, Protease, Amylase, Cellulase
These are enzyme supplements. They help treat bloating and gas. They may also help with digestive problems caused by indigestion.
How Does CHEATmeals Work
The company claims that the product can:
- Block up to 40% of carbohydrates + sugars.
- Block up to 30% of total fats (unhealthy saturated fats).
- Assimilate and digest the rest of the calories from you meal, to prevent gas, bloat, constipation, acid reflux and heartburn.
- Keep you regular, great for colon health.
- Reduce and normalize blood sugar and insulin levels.
- Reduce cholesterol & triglycerides, while optimizing HDL/LDL.
The ingredients do have some properties that help back up these claims. Some of them may help block fats and carbs from being absorbed. Some may help lower cholesterol and reduce blood sugar levels.
We do not know the exact amount of each ingredient and consequently how effective they may be.
There is no clinical study on the efficacy of this product as a whole.
CHEATmeals Side Effects
The company lists no side effects for this product.
If you have an allergy to shellfish you should not use this product.
As with any dietary supplement, it may be advisory to check with your doctor before taking it.
CHEATmeals Reviews & Complaints
The product is sold online direct from the company. I could find no independent reviews.
The company reports over 437,000 satisfied customers over a 14 year period. It shows a 4.5* rating from 381 customer reviews.
There are many testimonials on the company website. Many happy customers report weight loss using this product.
What I like most about your product is the fact that I can take it any time, any where. I don’t get jittery or anything and my cholesterol has come down 33 points in the past 11 weeks. I’ve lost a total of 9 lbs without any effort or feeling guilty or depriving myself.
It seems that it does not help everyone.
One customer wirtes:
I got constipated after 2 days, I can’t take this product.
CHEATmeals: Packages, Prices & Where To Buy It
The HFL Optimized “Auto-Ship” Club is a monthly subscription plan.
As you can read at the company website this option providing couple benefits.
– Receive an ADDITIONAL 20% discount on today’s order and all future auto-ships.
– No hassle, easy and convenient shipping at a discount.
– Pay for each order only when it’s shipped.
– You have complete flexibility and may easily change the frequency or amount of each shipment (pause, add more items, ship more or less often).
– There are no commitments, contracts, obligations or fees. Cancel anytime.
What about delivery terms?
Shipping and handling charges may be applied but were not detailed. They will be added to your purchase at the checkout.
See below how the official site looks like.
The company offers a full refund and an additional $100.00 cash back.
They also offer a 200% satisfaction guarantee. As a first time customer you have 365 days to return product that is not used.
This works in a few different ways.
- Return all bottles within 30 days for a full refund excluding shipping and handling. This applies to opened and unopened product.
- Between 31-90 days you can get a full refund for unopened product. This excludes shipping and handling.
- After 90 days you may either exchange or receive a 200% store credit. There is no expiry date on the credit. It may be used towards any product or service offered by the company.
For HFL Optimized “Auto-Ship” Club members no refund will be offered once your second bottle has been shipped.
Returning product without obtaining authorization will result in a 25% restocking fee. This includes marking it return to sender. To cancel autoship your must contact the company 7 days prior to the due date for the shipment.
To qualify for the $100 cash back you must prove before and after medical tests that the product has not worked.
Full details are on the company website under their FAQS section.
Pros & Cons
CHEATmeals Review: Final Words
We all know that eating foods that are high in fat, sugars and carbs is not good for us. But every once in a while we crave foods that are not healthy.
We also know that sometimes eating things that we should not may be unavoidable.
It does not seem to work for everyone. And it may not be advisable for our diet or health to use this to eat whatever you want all the time.
It may be a solution for times when we want to cheat on our diet and give in to our cravings. It may also help when we know we will be unable to avoid eating something fatty or sugary.
We laid out the facts, will you buy CHEATmeals? Comment below and tell us what you think!
- Koide, S. S. “Chitin-chitosan: properties, benefits and risks.” Nutrition research 18.6 (1998): 1091-1101. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0271531798000918
- El-Mostafa, Karym, et al. “Nopal cactus (Opuntia ficus-indica) as a source of bioactive compounds for nutrition, health and disease.” Molecules 19.9 (2014): 14879-14901. https://www.mdpi.com/1420-3049/19/9/14879
- Udani, Jay, and Betsy B. Singh. “Blocking carbohydrate absorption and weight loss: a clinical trial using a proprietary fractionated white bean extract.” Alternative therapies in health and medicine 13.4 (2007): 32-39. http://www.alternative-therapies.com/at/web_pdfs/udani.pdf
- Heymsfield, Steven B., et al. “Garcinia cambogia (hydroxycitric acid) as a potential antiobesity agent: a randomized controlled trial.” Jama 280.18 (1998): 1596-1600. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/188147
- Walsh, David E., Vazgen Yaghoubian, and Ali Behforooz. “Effect of glucomannan on obese patients: a clinical study.” Int J Obes 8.4 (1984): 289-93. https://www.lipozene.com/documents/Effect_of_Glucomannan_on_Obese_Patients.pdf