Lately, scientists, nutritionists, and doctors are calling turmeric the life-changing ingredient while other individuals refer to it as the super-supplement of all time.
Turmeric contains curcumin, a compound that has been proven to reduce pain and inflammation, detoxify the body, as well as enhance mood and prevent depression.
It is also enriched with antioxidant properties.
Moreover, the internet is overwhelmed with positive reviews from users who are using turmeric supplements.
They report improved relief from pain and inflammation, hindering and reversing premature aging, increased energy and relief from osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
This has prompted us to find out the best turmeric supplements in the market.
Due to its popularity, the market is flooded with various turmeric supplements; in our article, you will learn the benefits of turmeric, find out who can use turmeric and the top 3 best turmeric supplements in the market.
Read on below to see what Turmeric supplements can offer!
Benefits of Turmeric Supplements
Turmeric has been used as a spice for a long time, but its health benefits were realized due to its use in traditional medicine, especially Ayurvedic medicine.
It contains curcumin, which is its active and key substance.
Let’s have a look at some of the proven benefits of supplementing turmeric.
The curcumin present in turmeric helps fight chronic inflammation in the body.
Chronic inflammation may pose serious health hazards including cancer, heart diseases, obesity, neurodegenerative diseases, Alzheimer’s disease, high levels of cholesterol and, metabolic syndrome.
Therefore, anti-inflammatory properties present in Curcumin hinder molecules that lead to long term inflammation and may help prevent the above diseases.
Studies show that curcumin offers anti-inflammatory properties similar to some anti-inflammatory drugs, without any health risks.
Curcumin has strong antioxidant properties. It helps to fight off free radicals that can damage healthy cells in the body.
Oxidative stress is associated with mental illnesses, cancer, and premature aging.
Additionally, turmeric increases the body’s antioxidants enzymes, therefore, boosting the body’s own defenses against free radicals.
Promotes healthy joints
Turmeric prevents swollen and inflamed joints and increases mobility.
A study involving Rheumatoid arthritis patients showed that 500mg of turmeric daily reduced pain and inflammation compared to patients who took Diclofenac.
Supports healthy cardiovascular function
Curcumin has been seen to enhance the endothelium (the lining of blood vessels), which controls clotting and blood pressure.
Endothelial dysfunction is a key aspect of heart diseases since it limits the regulation of blood pressure and clotting.
A study showed that taking curcumin is as effective as aerobic exercises in maintaining the healthy lining of blood vessels.
Turmeric regulates the release of stress hormones in the body.
Therefore it increases resilience and tolerance towards emotional and physical stress.
A 2011 study carried out in India, showed the adaptogenic properties in turmeric helped in reducing stress hormones, regulating blood sugar and body weight.
Curcumin increases BDNF (brain-builder protein-growth hormone) that has been linked to decreased levels of depression.
It increases the production of dopamine and serotonin, the happy hormones.
Generally, turmeric has been scientifically proven to regulate mood.
Also, low levels of BDNF are associated with many brain diseases and age-related mental decline.
Thus, curcumin may reverse these conditions and improve memory.
Regulates normal blood sugar levels
For a long time, Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurvedic medicine have used turmeric to treat Diabetes.
Various studies have reported that curcumin controls glucose levels and prevents other complications linked to diabetes.
Other studies have shown that turmeric can be used to reduce the risk of developing diabetes, even in prediabetic individuals.
Who Should Use Turmeric Supplements?
Turmeric supplements are suitable for people dealing with chronic inflammation, chronic pain, osteoarthritis, high cholesterol, itching (Pruritus) and metabolic syndrome (weight loss).
Additionally, active individuals should use turmeric to aid in faster muscle recovery and reduce exercise-induced muscle soreness and inflammation.
Pregnant and breastfeeding women should avoid turmeric supplements (medicinal amounts of turmeric) since it may cause menstrual period or stimulate the uterus.
Those with gallbladder stones, bile duct obstruction, bleeding problems, and iron deficiency should avoid turmeric.
It also slows blood clotting; therefore it should not be taken 2 weeks prior to surgery.
Top-Rated Turmeric Pills
Turmeric is a potent ingredient that has the potential to boost your health.
However, the number of turmeric supplements today can be overwhelming.
Quality ingredients and production standards are key in determining the best.
We have gathered the 3 best turmeric supplements you should add to your diet.
Take a look!
1. Evolution Slimming Turmeric Pro with BioPerine
If you are looking for the best turmeric supplement, Evolution Slimming Turmeric Pro with Bioperine is the strongest formula in the market.
That’s why it is our number 1 pick.
It contains 95% curcuminoids, providing 12,500mg Curcumin and Bioperine (patented black pepper extract-95% piperine) in a daily intake (2 capsules).
Since turmeric is not easily absorbed, black pepper boosts its absorption.
- Contains 95% turmeric Curcuminoids with 12,500mg of Curcumin in a daily dose (2 capsules).
- Contains Bioperine-patented black pepper extract which increases absorption by 2000%.
- Manufactured and dispatched from the company’s warehouse in UK-Kent Warehouse.
- Suitable for vegans.
- Gluten, caffeine, and dairy free.
- Each capsule is individually sealed to maintain freshness.
- Has anti-inflammatory properties to aid in digestion and weight loss.
- Ingredients: 95% Turmeric, providing 12,500mg of Curcumin, Bromelain 1200 GDU/g (pineapple)(Ananas comosus) 1200 GDU/G, Bulking Agent (Microcrystalline Cellulose), Black Pepper Extract (95% Piperine), Vegetarian Capsule Shell (HPMC) and Anti-Caking Agent (Magnesium Stearate, Silicon Dioxide).
How does it work?
Evolution Slimming Turmeric Pro with BioPerine contains curcumin which has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which maintains a healthy body and prevents weight gain while supporting digestion.
Additionally, it supports the reduction of pain, inflammation, and soreness linked to joint pain and arthritis.
Bioperine increases the absorption of curcumin and makes it available for use in the body.
Curcumin in Turmeric Pro has been associated with several other benefits including blocking fat concentration, supporting fat burning, reducing muscle soreness, managing oxidative conditions, and preventing inflammation, arthritis and anxiety.
Pros & cons
- High dosage of curcumin.
- Contains 19mg of Bioperine.
- Blister pack designed to maintain freshness.
- Made and dispatched by the manufacturer.
- Suitable for vegans.
- Black pepper extract may result in some side effects.
2. BioSchwartz Turmeric Curcumin with Bioperine
BioSchwartz Turmeric Curcumin with BioPerine is a dietary supplement that has been specially designed to offer joint care; restoring damaged and worn out joints.
The manufacturer states that BioSchwartz Turmeric Curcumin has the ability to reverse the signs linked to aging joints, those suffering from arthritis and joint-related issues.
Additionally, it can be used to improve brain health, joint lubrication and remove toxins from the body system.
It is manufactured by a company known as Schwartz Bioresearch, based in the USA.
- Contains 1500mg of Turmeric Curcumin, with 95% standardized curcuminoids (150mg)and 10mg Bioperine per single serving (3 capsules).
- Ingredients: Turmeric (Curcuma Longa root) (1350mg), Turmeric Extract 95% standardized curcuminoids(150mg), Black Pepper Fruit Extract (Bioperine) (10mg), and Vegetable capsule(plant caps).
- No preservatives, fillers, binders, artificial ingredients or color additives used
- 3rd party certified on purity and quality.
How does it work?
BioSchwartz Turmeric Curcumin with BioPerine contains natural ingredients that have both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties that work to strengthen joints and maintain overall wellness.
It works to reduce pain, soreness, and inflammation in joints while also prevents weary joints by increasing lubrication.
It contains Bioperine that increases the curcumin’s bioavailability in the body.
Pros & cons
- Relatively affordable.
- Offers 100% money back guarantee.
- Contains natural products.
- Enhances bioavailability.
- Reduces joint inflammation.
- Many positive reviews.
- GMO and gluten-free.
- Some reported side effects.
3. Nature’s Nutrition Turmeric Curcumin with Bioperine
Natures Nutrition Turmeric Curcumin with Bioperine is a dietary supplement that supports heart and joint health.
It contains 1950 of turmeric (1800mg Curcuma Longa root and 150mg, 95% Curcuminoids) and 15mg of BioPerine per daily serving-3 capsules.
It has anti-inflammatory properties that reduce heart palpitations, reduce pain, improve brain function and enhance sleep.
Additionally, users have reported less back pain and knee inflammation after using this supplement.
It is manufactured by Natures Nutrition.
It contains Bioperine to increase the bioavailability of turmeric in the body.
- Supports joint, brain and heart health.
- Contains black pepper extract that increases curcumin’s absorption.
- Ingredients: Turmeric root(1800mg), turmeric 95% Curcuminoids (150mg), BioPerine (15mg), Cellulose (Vegetable Capsule),Silicon Dioxide and Microcrystalline Cellulose.
How does it work?
Natures Nutrition Turmeric Curcumin with Bioperine contains natural ingredients that have antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties.
It reduces heart palpitations, eases discomfort, reduces knee, joint and back pain as well as reduces inflammation of joints.
Additionally, it fights free radicals supporting better brain health and reducing age-related mental decline.
This dietary supplement is blended with black pepper extract to speed up the absorption of curcumin which carries the anti-inflammatory properties.
Pros & cons
- Fairly priced.
- Suitable for heart health.
- Contains BioPerine.
- Free from soy, milk, gluten, GMOs, sugar, peanuts, egg, sweeteners, wheat and shellfish.
- Black pepper may cause stomach upsets.
- Tastes like black pepper.
- Some users reported misleading advertising.