Have you decided to finally shift the extra pounds and make 2020 your healthiest year yet?
Are you “going keto” to reach your goals?
When done right, the keto diet can shed excess fat and get your BMI to a healthier place.
The keto diet isn’t always a smooth road, especially when keto flu symptoms arise, or you hit a plateau.
That’s where keto supplements come into the picture, as they can help your body to transition into ketosis, reduce keto flu symptoms, and maximize weight loss.
Our best keto supplements for weight loss 1 review explores three of the best on the market.
We cover ingredients, benefits, side-effects, pros, and cons of each product so you can make the best choice for you and your weight loss journey.
How Do Keto Supplements Help With Weight Loss?
Keto supplements help with weight loss in different ways depending on the ingredients used.
For example, some herbal supplements contain a mixture of metabolism 2 boosters (such as black pepper), blood sugar regulators (such as ashwagandha), and appetite suppressants (such as CLA).
These kinds of keto supplements help you to maintain a calorie deficit, increase fat burning, and lower blood sugar and cortisol levels to prevent excess fat storage.
They also often contain caffeine to keep you alert and energized throughout workouts and help to prevent a keto-induced slump when you first start keto.
Other diet pills contain ketones (what your body produces when you’re in ketosis) to get the body into ketosis faster.
As you know, when you’re in ketosis, your body uses stored fat for energy, therefore, trimming your measurements and reducing your BMI.
While ketone supplements (such as BHB salts) may not actually increase fat burning (especially if you’re not following the keto diet), they will reduce keto side-effects.
For example, ketone salts can reduce headaches, fatigue, and brain fog, keeping you on track on the keto diet for longer, therefore, reaching weight loss more successfully.
One of the most important factors when it comes to weight loss is consistency, so anything that keeps you following your plan is going to improve your chances of significant weight loss.
Who Should Take A Keto Supplement?
If you’re about to, or are already, on a ketogenic diet, taking a keto supplement is a good idea.
This is because it can (depending on which one you choose) help you to see results sooner, encouraging you to keep going.
Plus, it can reduce those flu-like symptoms common when starting keto, making the transition easier.
However, like all dietary supplements, caution is advised.
You should always talk to your healthcare professional before adding a new supplement to your routine, especially if you:
- Have existing health conditions.
- Are on ongoing medications.
- Are pregnant, breastfeeding, or trying to conceive.
- Have heart issues (especially when taking caffeine or bitter orange extract).
- Have suffered from eating disorders.
- Are under 18.
Are Keto Supplements for Weight Loss Safe?
Safety comes down to the ingredients used in the supplement, and how they are used by the individual.
Some supplements use ingredients that are not banned but are still considered unsafe under certain circumstances and in certain doses.
For example, bitter orange extract (containing synephrine) can cause heart issues, especially when taken with caffeine.
Caffeine itself can also cause jitters and sleep issues while not being unsafe or dangerous.
Make sure to follow the directions, and carefully read the ingredients list before making your choice.
Run the ingredients past your doctor to make sure they don’t clash with any existing health conditions or medications.
Do Keto Supplements Have Side Effects?
Most supplements have the potential to cause side effects, even the “all-natural” kind sold under the pretense that they’re entirely safe.
Keto supplements containing BHB ketones can cause:
- Stomach cramps and pain.
Keto supplements for weight loss that contain caffeine and thermogenic ingredients (fat burners) can cause:
- Sleep issues and insomnia.
- Racing heart.
Best Keto Supplements for Weight Loss 2020
1. Keto Trim
The first product on our list is Keto Trim, from Vita Balance Inc.
It contains ketones in the form of Beta-Hydroxybutyrate sodium, magnesium, and calcium.
Your body recognizes these as it makes them on its own during ketosis.
By consuming ready-made ketones, your body stays in ketosis more effectively as you follow the keto diet.
This helps weight loss by boosting the fat-burning 3 effects of the keto diet.
One of the biggest barriers to maintaining the keto diet (for some people) is the keto flu.
This happens when you first transition from a carb-eater to a keto-dieter.
Symptoms can be headaches, fatigue, and a foggy brain.
Keto Trim helps to reduce such symptoms so you can workout, follow your keto macro plan, and start to see weight loss results faster and more consistently.
You can buy them directly from the Keto Trim site: www.ketotrim.co.
One bottle of Keto Trim contains 60 capsules, or a 30-day supply as you take two capsules per day.
One bottle costs $46.90, two bottles cost $82.95, and three bottles cost $123.66 (plus one free bottle).
- Made in the USA in FDA-registered facilities.
- Easy to take.
- Multi-pack discount offer.
- Calcium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate 62mg.
- Magnesium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate 32mg.
- Sodium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate 10mg.
- Go BHB proprietary blend 800mg (contains all three ingredients above).
How does it work?
Keto Trim adds a dose of ketones to your body, so they can then be used as instant energy without carbohydrates and sugars being consumed.
This means you may experience increased focus, less fatigue, and more physical energy for fat-burning exercise.
By topping up your ketone supply, your body can remain in ketosis more easily.
This is helpful when you have a blow-out and eat too many carbs.
Extra ketones from Keto Trim mean you’re less likely to drop out of ketosis and the fat burning process.
Pros and cons
2. Keto Actives
The second product on our line-up is Keto Actives, a multi-ingredient supplement designed for weight loss on the keto diet.
It contains appetite suppressants, metabolism boosters, and ingredients that regulate blood sugar levels.
By reducing cortisol levels and regulating blood sugar, Keto Actives may reduce belly fat.
You can buy Keto Actives directly from the website: www.ketoactives.com/order/order-now.html.
One bottle (one-month supply) costs $49, two bottles plus one free (3-month supply) costs $98, and a three-pack with three free bottles (6-month supply) costs $147.
Keto Actives offers a money-back guarantee if you are unsatisfied with the product within 90 days of delivery.
- Easy to take.
- Multi-pack discount deal.
- Designed to suppress appetite, boost metabolism, and regulate blood sugar.
- Indian Nettle Root Extract (ForsLean): might reduce body fat due to the compound forskolin.
- Clarinol CLA: omega-6 fatty acid used for its appetite suppressant and fat burning abilities.
- Anhydrous caffeine: improves energy, alertness, and focus.
- Black pepper extract: a metabolism booster that aids the digestive process and helps nutrients to be properly absorbed 4.
- Capsicum extract: aids in healthy digestion and may boost fat burning.
- Bitter orange extract: an appetite suppressant that also boosts metabolism (check with your doctor first, as it may affect blood pressure and heart health).
- Ashwagandha root extract: an adaptogen (helps the body deal with stress) that reduces blood sugar and cortisol, helping to reduce belly fat.
- Chromium: suppresses the appetite and regulates healthy blood sugar levels.
How does it work?
Keto Actives works by:
- Increasing energy levels so you can exercise harder and more regularly, burning more calories and fat.
- Suppressing the appetite and curbing cravings so calorie deficits can be maintained.
- Boosts basal metabolic rate so fat can be burned faster and more effectively.
- Regulates blood sugar and cortisol to support healthy energy levels, mood, and trimming fat around the midsection.
- Stabilized blood sugar levels help to reduce cravings for high-calorie, sugary treats.
Pros and cons
3. Keto BHB (Keto Max) by Nutriana
Keto BHB (now known as Keto Max) by Nutriana follows a similar philosophy to Keto Trim and has an almost identical ingredients list.
It consists of BHB ketone salts that give you an instant energy boost without the need for carbs.
This option would best suit someone who wants to ease their journey into ketosis without keto flu symptoms such as fatigue and headaches.
Plus, if you want assistance remaining in ketosis, even after a few extra carbs, Keto BHB would be a sound fit.
You can buy Keto BHB from Amazon, or from the Nutriana website for $19.95 per bottle (each bottle contains 60 capsules/1-month supply).
You can only return products for a 100% refund if the product is damaged, different from what was ordered, unopened, and unused.
- Contains GoBHB salt ketones.
- Easy to take.
- Available on official site or Amazon.
Proprietary blend 800mg (using GoBHB).
- Calcium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate.
- Magnesium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate.
- Sodium Beta-Hydroxybutyrate.
How does it work?
Keto BHB works by:
- Adding ketones to the body that the body recognizes (as it makes them on its own).
- This means you reach and remain in ketosis more successfully.
- Keto BHB provides instant clean energy so you can remain active, energized, and feeling good without keto flu symptoms during the transition.
- Keto BHB keeps your electrolytes topped up, preventing dehydration 5 during the first stages of the keto diet (therefore, reduces keto flu).
Pros and cons
- Goldstein, David J. “Beneficial health effects of modest weight loss.” International journal of obesity and related metabolic disorders: journal of the International Association for the Study of Obesity 16.6 (1992): 397-415. https://europepmc.org/abstract/med/1322866
- Kleiber, Max. “Body size and metabolism.” Hilgardia 6.11 (1932): 315-353. http://hilgardia.ucanr.edu/Abstract/?a=hilg.v06n11p315
- Jeukendrup, A. E., and R. Randell. “Fat burners: nutrition supplements that increase fat metabolism.” Obesity reviews 12.10 (2011): 841-851. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1467-789X.2011.00908.x
- Gülçin, Ilhami. “The antioxidant and radical scavenging activities of black pepper (Piper nigrum) seeds.” International journal of food sciences and nutrition 56.7 (2005): 491-499. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09637480500450248
- Edwards, Andrew M., and Timothy D. Noakes. “Dehydration.” Sports Medicine 39.1 (2009): 1-13. https://link.springer.com/article/10.2165/00007256-200939010-00001