Every woman loves natural glossy and thick hair; generally, it’s every woman’s pride to have healthy hair.
Strong and shiny hair is a sign of beauty and health.
That’s why hair loss can be traumatic and devastating.
Women have a tendency of suffering in silence; changing hairstyles to hide patches and thinning.
Hair loss in women is more depressing than in men because it is not socially acceptable.
It is common in women affecting 60% of women above 70 years and 5% of those under 30 years.
Androgenetic alopecia (female baldness) is the most common type of hair loss in women .
It is characterized by slow thinning at the part line, receding hairline, loss of hair at the top of the head and bald patches.
We know how important hair is to a woman, and that’s why our article today will focus on the causes of hair loss and the best hair loss treatments for women.
Plus, we will cover our top 3 recommended products.
Read on to see more.
Table of Contents
- 1 Women's Rogaine
- 2 BOLDIFY 3X BIOTIN
- 3 Essy Naturals Hair Growth Oil
- 4 What Causes Hair Loss In Women?
- 5 Why Should I Care About The Best Hair Loss Treatments For Women?
- 6 Top-Rated Hair Loss Treatment Products For Women 2019
- 6.1 1. Women’s Rogaine 5% Minoxidil Foam
- 6.2 2. BOLDIFY 3X BIOTIN Hair Growth Serum
- 6.3 3. Essy Naturals Hair Growth Oil With Caffeine And Biotin
What Causes Hair Loss In Women?
It is normal to lose around 50 to 100 strands of hair every day.
As we age, we generally lose hair which is quite normal.
But when you experience excessive and sudden hair loss, there could be an underlying problem.
Here are some major causes of hair loss in women.
Hormonal changes in pregnancy play a role in hair loss.
When estrogen levels drop after pregnancy, women develop Telogen Effluvium.
This is a condition that majorly contributes to hair loss in women, between 3 and 6 months following pregnancy.
This post-pregnancy condition affects 40-50 percent of women.
Heredity is another major cause of hair loss among women.
This type of hair loss is referred to as female pattern alopecia or androgenetic alopecia.
A family history involving hair loss in women predisposes other women in that lineage to this condition.
It is characterized by hair thinning from the top of the head.
Female pattern alopecia appears gradually with age.
Protein is responsible for hair cells regeneration.
Therefore eating less protein in the diet will limit the hair cells from producing hairs to restore the old ones after normal shedding.
When the body has a small amount of protein, it automatically stops hair growth, and massive shedding occurs in the following months.
Emotional or physical stress
Emotional and physical stress is a common cause of hair loss in women.
Traumatic and stressful events such as the death of a loved one, divorce, and loss of a job among others, may stop hair growth.
This is as a result of the body readdressing all it resources towards supporting an individual in dealing with the stress.
Physical stresses such as chronic medical conditions, weight loss/gain, or surgery may lead to hair loss.
Autoimmune diseases lead to hair loss because the body identifies hair follicles as foreign, attacking them which results in hair falling out.
Such autoimmune conditions include alopecia areata (a condition where patches of hair fall out on their own), thyroid disease, sickle-cell anemia, rheumatoid arthritis or lupus.
- Hairshaft abnormalities.
- Changes in birth control methods.
- Wearing chronic too-tight hairstyles.
- Regular heat styling.
Why Should I Care About The Best Hair Loss Treatments For Women?
The causes of hair loss in women are different from men and require specific hair needs.
Women mostly experience hair loss, during menopause, which can be quite disturbing and traumatizing.
Female pattern hair loss, the most common cause of hair loss in older women, may progress from thinning on the top of the head to the entire head if not treated.
Hair communicates some characteristics of your personality and style.
It is among the first thing people notice when they see a woman.
Particularly, hair is important among older women, because they believe managing hair well may reduce negative perceptions associated with aging.
The best hair loss treatments for women can stop hair loss from progressing and enhance hair re-growth.
Additionally, they will help to boost women’s self-esteem.
Top-Rated Hair Loss Treatment Products For Women 2019
Hair loss can be stressful in women, thus we have listed the best hair loss treatments for women that can help control female pattern baldness and reduce shedding.
Here our main top 3 hair loss treatments for women 2019.
1. Women’s Rogaine 5% Minoxidil Foam
Women’s Rogaine 5% Minoxidil Foam is a topical hair growth treatment that is designed to stimulate hair re-growth among women with hereditary hair loss.
It accelerates hair follicles to re-grow fuller and thicker hair and prevent further thinning within 4 months of use.
It is our first pick because it uses minoxidil, which has been approved by the FDA for use in hair loss treatment.
- Prevents thinning and hair loss and re-grows fuller hair.
- Contains 5% Minoxidil, which is clinically proven to stimulate up to 25% hair growth, boost hair protein production and enhance hair follicle activity.
- It is the number one dermatologist recommended brand.
- It works best during the early stages of hair thinning while using Tricho-Prime Technology that works on contact creating a conducive environment for hair growth.
- Clinically proven to stimulate hair follicles to grow.
- Main Ingredients: Minoxidil 5%, botanical extracts &emollient and alpha hydroxy acid (AHA).
How does it work?
Women’s Rogaine 5% Minoxidil Foam works through a combination of ingredients to re-grow hair.
It applies Tricho-Prime Technology, a proprietary blend of ingredients that prepares the scalp for maximum hair growth.
When applied, it dissolves deep into the scalp to regenerate hair follicles and boost protein production to grow new and thicker hair.
It contains Minoxidil which stimulates the size of hair follicles and lengthens the hair growth cycle to enhance hair re-growth.
On the other hand, botanical extracts and emollient enhances an optimal environment by maintaining a healthy scalp to boost hair growth.
Finally, Alpha hydroxy Acid enhances natural skin exfoliation which keeps hair follicles open.
The secret to Minoxidil is that it only works when you are using it.
So basically, you have to use it daily to see results; more of a life commitment to achieve thick and fuller hair.
Pros and cons
2. BOLDIFY 3X BIOTIN Hair Growth Serum
BOLDIFY 3X BIOTIN Hair Growth Serum is a 3 in 1 hair boost serum :
- A powerful hair growth serum.
- A nourishing leave – in conditioner.
- A fortifying thermal protectant.
It seals the exterior of hair follicles with advanced thermal protection coating to help achieve a smooth blow out and enhance hair growth.
We love this formula due to its 3 in1 mechanisms in maintaining healthy hair.
- Applies 3 working mechanisms in hair treatment: hair growth, heat protectant and leave in conditioner.
- Infused with 100% natural DHT blocking complex to reduce hair loss.
- Blended with Biotin and Botanical extracts to enhances faster hair growth .
- Anti-Freeze formula that protects hair from color and heat damage.
- Free from alcohol, sulfate, and parabens.
- A pleasant scent.
- The non-sticky formula that won’t way down the hair.
- Instantly conditions and thickens.
How does it work?
This formula employs 3 mechanisms to manage healthy hair.
It contains natural active ingredients that thicken the hair shaft and prevent further thinning from the initial use.
The hair increases in volume and feels thicker.
Also, it acts as a leave-in conditioner that smoothes and detangles hair, making it manageable and smooth.
Finally, it protects against heat damage which could potentially result in hair loss.
Pros and cons
3. Essy Naturals Hair Growth Oil With Caffeine And Biotin
Essy Naturals Hair Growth Oil with Caffeine and Biotin is a suitable formula to strengthen weak and thinning hair and stimulate hair growth.
It is enriched with antioxidants, vitamins, and nutrients that boost hair growth in women.
- Restores thinning hair, reduces hair loss and enhances thick and longer hair.
- Uses natural ingredients to stimulate hair growth.
- Free from parabens, parfum, sulfates, and triclosan.
- Ingredients: castor oil, rosemary oil, coconut oil caffeine, olive oil, and biotin.
How does it work?
The natural ingredients are well blended to design a formula that supports the rejuvenation of hair cells and prevents thinning.
Caffeine works to stimulate hair follicles to increase hair growth while castor oil contains a myriad of compounds including vitamin E, omega 6 fatty acids, minerals and antifungal and antibacterial properties that promote healthy and strong hair.