American Hair Loss Association reports that about 85 percent of men battle hair loss by age 50.
Male pattern baldness affects about 20 percent of men at the age of 20 and rises as they age.
It is characterized by a receding hairline and steady loss of hair from the frontal scalp and crown.
If you have noticed a thinning hairline or a developing bald spot, there is a high likely likelihood that you have tried various remedies to retain and re-grow hair.
There are several products in the market that promise to help with hair loss but it can be hard to differentiate the best hair loss treatments for men among the myriad products available.
In this article, we take a closer look at the causes of male pattern baldness and provide an overview of the top rated hair loss treatments for men.
Let’s get started.
Table of Contents
- 1 Propidren by HairGenics
- 2 Pura d’Or Argan Oil
- 3 Ultrax Labs Hair Surge
- 4 Hair Loss Risk Factors Among Men
- 5 How Effective Are Hair Loss Treatments For Men?
- 6 Top-Rated Hair Loss Treatment Products For Men 2019
- 6.1 1. Propidren by HairGenics
- 6.2 2. Pura d’Or Argan Oil (Original Gold Label Shampoo)
- 6.3 3. Ultrax Labs Hair Surge
Hair Loss Risk Factors Among Men
Losing hair is quite normal; generally, an individual starts losing hair with increasing age.
But, a receding hairline and patchy spots on the head is quite worrying.
There are several risk factors that predispose men to male pattern baldness including
Genetics play a major role in male pattern baldness, commonly known as androgenetic alopecia.
It is triggered by parental genes: scientists say that how the condition is inherited is not clear.
Family history determines how early a man’s baldness occurs, some may notice it during teens while others may develop later on, past 50 years.
Androgenetic alopecia is as a result of sensitivity to DHT hormone, which inflames hair follicles.
Too much Vitamin A
Vitamin A is important for various body functions, however, it is fat-soluble vitamin thus the body stores the excess consumed.
High levels of stored Vitamin A are toxic and may result in hair loss in men.
Hair loss may also be caused by underlying health issues such as thyroid problems and anemia.
Hair thinning is also as a result of iron and protein deficiency.
Trichotillomania is an impulse control disorder that makes individuals have the urge to pull out their hair.
It can result in massive hair loss if it is not controlled.
About 1-2 adults have these condition.
Intense stress to the body may lead to hair shedding, a condition known as telogen effluvium.
Telogen effluvium it is hair thinning condition that occurs due to changes in the growth cycle of hair; hair goes into the resting phase leading to hair shedding and thinning.
How Effective Are Hair Loss Treatments For Men?
Hair loss treatments for men are effective, however, results vary between individuals and there is no total guarantee.
Some studies have evaluated how effective the ingredients used are and some have gone through clinical trials to prove their claims in hair growth.
But, more studies are needed to support some of these claims.
Hair loss treatments for men have a myriad of benefits which we will look at below.
Enhance new hair growth
Hair loss treatments stimulate the hair follicles to grow resulting in thicker and fuller hair.
Slows hair loss
Other hair loss treatments work by reducing DHT and hydrating the scalp, therefore, slowing the hair loss process and minimizing hair thinning.
Some hair loss treatments prevent hair loss through inhibiting, 5-alpha –reductase, the enzyme that changes testosterone into DHT.
DHT is an androgen hormone that weakens and shrinks hair follicles which eventually leads to hair loss.
Regenerate new hair and skin cells
Others work through generating new hair cells to promote hair growth and producing new skin cells to create a healthy environment on the scalp.
Top-Rated Hair Loss Treatment Products For Men 2019
It can be confusing to watch your hairline recede, but there are various hair loss treatments that you can use to slow hair loss and stimulate new hair cells.
If you are thinking about using a hair loss treatment, please check out our top 3 hair loss treatments for men 2019 below.
1. Propidren by HairGenics
Propidren by HairGenics is a hair loss treatment that is clinically proven to block DHT and regrow thicker and fuller hair.
It contains scientifically proven DHT blockers that prevent hair loss and promote hair growth within 3 months of use.
This hair loss treatment for men takes a natural approach in stimulating follicular growth, blocking DHT and nourishing the scalp.
- Uses natural ingredients to boost hair growth and prevent thinning.
- Combines Saw Palmetto and other powerful DHT blockers that inhibit the production of DHT. Saw Palmetto blocks 5-alpha reductase, the enzyme that converts testosterone to DHT. DHT is associated with hair loss and inhibiting its production prevents shedding.
- It has biotin that promotes regeneration of new hair cells and strengthens weak and brittle hair. Biotin is an important vitamin that induces new skin cells, enhances hair growth, produces keratin (hair protein), and minimizes hair breakage.
- Main ingredients: Iron, biotin, zinc, saw palmetto, Beta-Sitosterol, Horsetail Extract, Nettle Extract, Pygeum Bark Powder and Fo-Ti.
How does it work?
Propidren works from ‘inside out’; it strengthens and nourishes the scalp while promoting healthy hair follicles.
Also, it blocks the effects of DHT on hair and stimulates the development of new hair cells.
It is enriched with natural herbs such as Saw palmetto that prevents testosterone from changing to DHT and Biotin that protects hair from breakage.
Additionally, it contains iron that fights anemia, which is among the leading causes of hair loss.
Pros and cons
2. Pura d’Or Argan Oil (Original Gold Label Shampoo)
Pura d’Or Argan Oil, Original Gold Label shampoo is an anti-thinning shampoo that claims to slow down hair loss and thicken hair through its blend of DHT blockers.
It is clinically proven to increases hair volume, strengthen hair and reduce breakage.
- A hair thickening shampoo enriched with Argan Oil which contains Vitamin A, C, and E to stimulate skin cells production and improve the scalp.
- Clinically proven and tested to reduce hair thinning and boost hair growth .
- Contains 21 plant-based natural ingredients rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Main ingredients: Argan Oil, Pumpkinseed, Cedarwood Bark Oil, biotin, nettle, black cumin seeds, and Rosemary Leaf Oil.
- Free from parabens, synthetic fragrances, triclosan, mineral oil, artificial colorants, and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.
How does it work?
It is blended with a rich formula of natural ingredients that work harmoniously to support hair growth, strengthen and prevent hair breakage.
Cedarwood Bark Oil works by boosting hair follicles through increasing blood circulation to the scalp.
Argan oil nourishes and moisturizes hair preventing breakage while organic rosemary oil enhances hair growth and hair volume and boost hair cells regeneration.
Pura d’Or Argan Oil, Original Gold Label shampoo contains DHT blockers that prevent the conversion of testosterone to DHT.
Other ingredients work together to increase hair volume and reduce thinning.
Pros and cons
3. Ultrax Labs Hair Surge
Ultrax Labs Hair Surge is a hair loss treatment shampoo that nourishes hair follicles, reduces DHT buildup and promotes healthy hair growth.
It is a top-rated product that contains high-quality caffeinated ingredients, ketoconazole, and essential oils to enhance hair growth.
- Hair loss shampoo blended with scientifically backed up ingredients including essential oils, nutrients, and vitamins.
- Employs micro blend caffeine shampoo technology.
- Promotes hair growth through stimulating hair follicles, restoring hair volume and blocking DHT.
- Ingredients: caffeine, menthol, ketoconazole, saw palmetto, peppermint oil, and sodium laureth sulfate.
How does it work?
Ultrax Labs Hair Surge employs three actions:
- Stimulating hair follicles: Ultrax Labs Hair Surge contains caffeinated compounds that stimulate hair follicles to enhance hair growth.
- Blocking DHT: the cause of Androgenetic Alopecia has been linked to sensitivity to Dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT attaches to the androgen receptors of the follicles, which causes inflammation and eventually hair miniaturization. Thereafter, men experience a receding hairline and shedding on the frontal scalp which results in baldness. Ultrax Labs Hair Surge contains ingredients that interfere with the production of DHT.
- Restoring hair volume: hair loss is associated with hair thinning. This hair loss treatment for men contains a rich blend of compounds that thickens hair and increase hair volume.