It is not uncommon to step on that scale and realize you have put on a load of extra pounds.
While sometimes, you just look into the mirror and you do not like your new look.
Well, you are not alone. Statistics show that 71.6 individuals in the U.S are medically overweight1.
But; you need to have a weight loss wake up call to maintain a healthy body.
Plus, every man wants to have abs; a ripped and shredded look.
There is no magic pill that will do all the work for you; however, there are some supplements that have a thermogenic effect.
They focus on fat and make it easier to burn, but only when you put in some extra effort in taking a healthy diet and exercising.
Fat burners accelerate weight loss, there are other tools you need in your journey to have the perfect shape; a healthy lifestyle, balanced diet, and strength training to maintain lean muscle mass.
The truth is even the best fat burner will not work if you keep consuming a diet with high calories
Today, we have prepared a list of the best fat burners for men 2021, what they can do for you and their safety while recommending the top 3 best products.
Let’s get started below to see how men can achieve a lean and shredded look with fat burners.
How Do Fat Burners Help Men Achieve A Shredded Physique?
Fat burners help speeds the body’s ability to burn the stored fat.
They are known to improve weight loss efforts through boosting energy, oxidizing fats and suppressing appetite.
Fat burners work in different ways, for instance, some work through thermogenesis2, a process which increases internal temperatures to stimulate fat burning.
Others accelerate the body cells to release more fatty acids while some increase the metabolism, which enables the body to oxidize fats on its own.
Also, some fat burners work by controlling enzymes in the body that control appetite and fat loss/gain.
Here are some benefits:
Fat burners increase heat production, which boosts the use of energy in the body, therefore increasing metabolism.
High metabolism helps to burn calories faster.
More adrenaline production
Fat burners boost the production of adrenaline, the hormone responsible for accelerating fat cells to release fatty acids in the blood to be utilized as energy.
Fat burners reduce food cravings by inducing the feeling of a full stomach.
This means you eat less and the body burns the stored fat for fuel.
They manipulate body hormones to train the brain to feel that you are full. In short, fat burners distract you from eating thus stimulating weight loss.
Increased energy levels
They boost energy levels without providing the body with more calories.
High energy levels translate to intense and better workouts, therefore burning fat and maintaining lean muscle mass.
Enhanced mood, focus, and motivation
Fat burners increase concentration levels, keeping the brain sharp and focused.
Also, men are likely to feel more motivated in the gym.
Who Should Use Fat Burners and How Safe Are They?
It is important that fat burners should be taken by men who have a regular workout plan3.
Fat burners cannot be used as an easy way out in weight loss.
Most fat burners are safe to take; however, their safety comes in different measures.
Normally, a fat burner is termed unsafe, if it contains lesser researched ingredients or high levels of caffeine that can result in high blood pressure or heart rate.
In our list below, we have picked the best fat burners for a healthy man.
But always consult a physician if you have any medications or a pre-existing heart condition before using a fat burner.
Top-Rated Fat Burning Supplements For Men
We have gathered the best fat burners for men in the market based on clinically proven ingredients, real user reviews, rational caffeine content, and experience reports.
To attain a shredded, ripped and sculpted physique paired with increased energy, here are our recommended top 3 fat burners for men in 2021.
1. Instant Knockout
Instant Knockout combines 10 powerful natural fat burners that are scientifically proven to aid in fat loss.
It is specially designed to assist fighters to burn fat; it is endorsed by MMA fighters and Pro boxers.
It stimulates fat loss through suppressing appetite, increasing metabolism and stimulating fat oxidation.
It is manufactured by Roar Ambition.
This is our number one pick; because it provides a label showing the dosages used for each ingredient, contains a reasonable amount of caffeine, massive positive user experience, and science-backed ingredients.
- Ingredients: 1800mg Glucomannan4, 300mg Caffeine Anhydrous5, 500mg Green Tea Extract6, Cayenne Pepper Seeds7, Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12, GTF Chromium8, Zinc, Piperine, Green Coffee Bean9.
- Contains core ingredients in fat burning: Glucomannan, Green Tea Extract, and Cayenne Pepper Seeds.
- Made specifically for men.
- Applies thermogenesis to accelerate metabolism and fat burn.
- Reduces cravings, increases fat oxidation and boosts insulin sensitivity.
How does it work?
Instant Knockout contains a rich blend of natural ingredients that work together to support fat burning.
It takes a triple approach when burning fat:
- Increases the body’s metabolism: it contains ingredients that speed up the metabolic rate. Therefore, the body burns more calories than usual, even when at rest. Increased metabolism is essential in burning fat.
- Suppresses appetite: Instant Knockout reduces food cravings between meals, thus an individual reduces their intake of fat storing foods.
- Boosts energy levels: Instant Knockout contains stimulants that fuel the body. They increase energy levels enhancing more intense workouts.
Pros and cons
PhenQ is a fat burner with a powerful blend of ingredients that applies multiple actions to body fat.
The 5 multiple actions and the ingredients used, makes it a top choice in our list.
It suppresses appetite and speeds up the process of burning fat to support weight loss goals.
It is manufactured by Wolfson Berg Limited.
- Contains scientifically proven and premium ingredients such a-LACYS RESET and Capsimax.
- Ingredients: a-Lacys Reset10, capsimax powder, chromium picolinate11, caffeine12, nopal, L-Carnitine fumarate13, and magnesium stearate.
- Employs 5 actions to achieve weight loss: burns fat, suppresses appetite, blocks fat production, increase energy levels and elevates mood.
How does it work?
PhenQ applies a multi-action to eliminate fat.
These actions prepare the body to burn fat.
Here are the 5 anti-fat mechanisms;
- Burns stored fat: PhenQ accelerates thermogenesis which speeds up the metabolic rate in the body. Faster metabolism leads to maximum fat burning due to the increase in internal temperatures.
- Inhibits fat production: PhenQ blocks fat production thus preventing fat build up and weight gain.
- Suppresses appetite: this dietary supplement works to reduce cravings; therefore an individual limits the intake of calories in a day.
- Increases energy levels: PhenQ contains ingredients that accelerate energy levels in the body, keeping you energized and motivated.
- Enhance mood: dieting can leave you feeling irritable; however, PhenQ contains ingredients that have mood enhancing properties, leaving you gentle and calm.
Pros and cons
3. Transparent Labs Fat Burner
Transparent labs fat burner is one of our recommended brands because it blends clinically tested stimulants and non-stimulants to produce a thermogenic effect and increase fat metabolism in the body respectively.
It is manufactured by Transparent Labs, which aims to speed up fat burning through boosting the basal metabolic rate, enhancing mood and energy as well as reducing food cravings.
- Uses science-based fat loss mechanisms.
- Uses proven and clinically tested fat burning ingredients.
- Increases energy, enhances mood, reduces appetite and increases metabolism.
- Contains both stimulant and non-stimulant thermogenic.
- Ingredients: Forslean (250mg), Green Tea (200mg), 5-HTP (150mg)14, L-Tyrosine (150g), L-Theanine (120mg), Caffeine Anhydrous (120mg), Salicin (White Willow)15, Bark Extract (60mg)16, Cayenne Pepper Extract (50mg) and Synephrine HCL (50mg), veggie capsules, olive oil and rice flour.
How does it work?
Transparent Labs Fat Burner has a rich blend of stimulants and non-stimulants that speed up fat oxidation.
Forslean, Synephrine and Green Tea Extract have thermogenic effects that increase the body’s metabolic rate to allow faster fat oxidation.
On the other hand, HTP-5 hinders appetite and reduces the number of meals consumed in a day.
Finally, Salicin, L-Theanine and L-Tyrosine work to increase focus, boost energy and stimulate the effects of thermogenesis.
We love how this brand works to attain fat loss.
Pros and cons
- Ogden, Cynthia L., et al. “Prevalence of overweight and obesity in the United States, 1999-2004.” Jama 295.13 (2006): 1549-1555. https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/article-abstract/202627
- Westerterp, Klaas R. “Diet induced thermogenesis.” Nutrition & metabolism 1.1 (2004): 5. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1186/1743-7075-1-5
- Zelasko, Chester J. “Exercise for weight loss: what are the facts?.” Journal of the American dietetic association 95.12 (1995): 1414-1417. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0002822395003711
- Walsh, David E., Vazgen Yaghoubian, and Ali Behforooz. “Effect of glucomannan on obese patients: a clinical study.” Int J Obes 8.4 (1984): 289-93. https://www.lipozene.com/documents/Effect_of_Glucomannan_on_Obese_Patients.pdf
- Westerterp‐Plantenga, Margriet S., Manuela PGM Lejeune, and Eva MR Kovacs. “Body weight loss and weight maintenance in relation to habitual caffeine intake and green tea supplementation.” Obesity research 13.7 (2005): 1195-1204. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1038/oby.2005.142
- Chantre, P., and D. Lairon. “Recent findings of green tea extract AR25 (Exolise) and its activity for the treatment of obesity.” Phytomedicine 9.1 (2002): 3-8. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0944711304700744
- Gülçin, İlhami. “The antioxidant and radical scavenging activities of black pepper (Piper nigrum) seeds.” International journal of food sciences and nutrition 56.7 (2005): 491-499. https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/09637480500450248
- Anderson, Richard A. “Effects of chromium on body composition and weight loss.” Nutrition reviews 56.9 (1998): 266-270. https://academic.oup.com/nutritionreviews/article-abstract/56/9/266/1860507
- Vinson, Joe A., Bryan R. Burnham, and Mysore V. Nagendran. “Randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, linear dose, crossover study to evaluate the efficacy and safety of a green coffee bean extract in overweight subjects.” Diabetes, metabolic syndrome and obesity: targets and therapy 5 (2012): 21. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3267522/
- Koh, Eun Hee, et al. “Effects of alpha-lipoic acid on body weight in obese subjects.” The American journal of medicine 124.1 (2011): 85-e1. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0002934310007436
- Vincent, John B. “The potential value and toxicity of chromium picolinate as a nutritional supplement, weight loss agent and muscle development agent.” Sports medicine 33.3 (2003): 213-230. https://link.springer.com/article/10.2165/00007256-200333030-00004
- Westerterp‐Plantenga, Margriet S., Manuela PGM Lejeune, and Eva MR Kovacs. “Body weight loss and weight maintenance in relation to habitual caffeine intake and green tea supplementation.” Obesity research 13.7 (2005): 1195-1204. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1038/oby.2005.142https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1038/oby.2005.142
- Karlic, Heidrun, and Alfred Lohninger. “Supplementation of L-carnitine in athletes: does it make sense?.” Nutrition 20.7-8 (2004): 709-715. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0899900704000942
- Cangiano, Carlo, et al. “Eating behavior and adherence to dietary prescriptions in obese adult subjects treated with 5-hydroxytryptophan.” The American journal of clinical nutrition 56.5 (1992): 863-867. https://academic.oup.com/ajcn/article-abstract/56/5/863/4715513
- Pasteels, Jacques M., et al. “Salicin from host plant as precursor of salicylaldehyde in defensive secretion of chrysomeline larvae.” Physiological Entomology 8.3 (1983): 307-314. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1365-3032.1983.tb00362.x
- Shara, Mohd, and Sidney J. Stohs. “Efficacy and safety of white willow bark (Salix alba) extracts.” Phytotherapy Research 29.8 (2015): 1112-1116. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/ptr.5377