Product Name: Athletic Greens
Product Description: Athletic Greens is a powdered “green” drink that consist of 75 different whole foods and other ingredients to boost your health, to nourish the digestive tract, and protect the body from damaging free radicals.
Value For Money
Are you always on the go? Maybe you dash from one meeting to the next. Maybe you have to travel a lot. Maybe you are a busy Mom with no spare time. Maybe you find at the end of the day you don’t have the energy to prepare a healthy meal.
We all know that we should include vegetables and fruit in our diet. After all they supply lots of the nutrients our body needs to function.
So where do we turn to when we don’t find the time to eat healthily?
There are many products on the market today that offer supplementation of fruit and vegetables in our diet.
They come in the form of pills or powders that we can drink. Whatever your preference searching for individual supplements for all your needs can cause a bit of a headache.
Athletic Greens is one product that promises to give us:
Better nutrient density per serving, than any other product on the market.
They claim to give 11 different supplements in one scoop of their powdered superfood.
So is this product worth spending your hard earned money on?
Let’s take a look.
What Is Athletic Greens?
This company was founded by Chris “The Kiwi” Ashenden.
This New Zealand born Bachelor in Sport and Science found himself not in the best of health.
Despite following a healthy diet, tests showed he was not getting the nutrients his body needed.
He enlisted the help of research doctorates and nutritionists and formulated Athletic Greens. They re-evaluate the formula every year.
This product is a powder that supplement.
It claims to be:
The one whole food supplement that enhances what you’re doing right, and fills in the gaps where you’re not.
Let’s see what is in this powder that may backup their claims.
Athletic Greens Ingredients
The product contains over 70 ingredients.
- 25 Alkaline, nutrient dense raw Superfoods.
- 17 Nutrient dense natural extracts, herbs and antioxidants.
- 5 Digestive enzymes and super mushrooms.
- 2 Non-dairy probiotics.
- 22 Vitamins and minerals.
To detail what each of this ingredients could do might be akin to writing a short book!
We will look at some of the main ingredients:
- Spirulina: An antioxidant that may help with high cholesterol, cardiovascular function and inflammatory diseases.
- Wheatgrass: Has many health benefits. It may help with illnesses including arthritis, diabetes and obesity.
- Chlorella: This is a green algae containing omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids. It also has polysaccharides, vitamins and minerals. It may help reduce high blood pressure, lower serum cholesterol levels, accelerate wound healing, and enhance immune functions.
- Red Beet: Has antioxidant and anti inflammatory properties. It helps in the production of Nitric Oxide in the body. It may help lower blood pressure and improve blood flow to the brain. It may also enhance athletic performance.
- Green Tea: This has many benefits and has been used in folk medicine for many years. Tea has been shown to help detoxify, boost energy, reduce stress and help weight loss.
- Ginger: Has been been used in traditional medicine for many years. It has anti inflammatory properties and may be used to help with a number of illnesses.
- Rhodiola Rosea: May be effective in improving life-stress symptoms. It may help with fatigue.
- Ashwagandha: Also known as Indian Winter Cherry or Indian Ginseng. This tonic has been used in Ayurvedic healing for millennia. It may have wide ranging health benefits.It can help with brain function and memory. It has been used as an aphrodisiac, narcotic, and diuretic. It may be a stimulant but may also help with stress. It may have anti arthritic and anti inflammatory properties.
- Co Enzyme Q10: This is an essential element naturally occuring in our body. It is required by every single cell for many daily functions.It has antioxidant properties that protects cells from the effects of aging. It may help treat cardiovascular and neurodegenerative diseases.
- Reishi & Shiitake Mushroom Powder: Mushrooms have antibacterial and immune system enhancing properties. They may also lower cholesterol.
- Milk Thistle: Is used to treat liver diseases.
- Probiotics: This product contains 7.2 billion cfu’s of “good” bacteria. These can help with the digestive system amongst other things.
- Vitamins & Minerals: Taking multi vitamin and mineral supplements has become increasingly popular. Most of the vitamins and minerals we need come from our diet. Supplementing may make up any deficiencies.(
How Does Athletic Greens Work?
The company claims that this product nourishes your body with the antioxidant equivalent of 12 servings of fruits and vegetables in one go.
It states that the ingredients work together to help our body in the following ways:
- Vitamins And Minerals For Nervous System And Immune System Support: The company uses freeze-dried fruits, vegetables and plants free of synthetic materials. It claims their balance of natural vitamins and minerals is crucial for a well-functioning nervous system. They also say that it is a fundamental building block of a strong immune system.
- Digestive Enzymes For Optimum Absorption: They state their enzymes will help with digestion, bloating and stomach issues.
- Liver Formula To Detoxify And Blast Fat: Milk Thistle and Dandelion may help flush toxins from the body.
- Probiotics And Prebiotics For Gut Health: May improve overall gut health and promote a healthy immune system.
- Adaptogen and Hormone Support: An adaptogen is a natural substance considered to help the body adapt to stress. Ginseng and Ashwagandha are adaptogens.
There is some scientific based evidence that may endorse some of these claims.
We do not however know how much of each of these ingredients is in the product. Furthermore we do not know whether there is a sufficient amount to be beneficial.
There has been no clinical study on the product as a whole to prove its efficacy.
Athletic Greens Side Effects
There are no reported side effects on the company website.
Customers have however experienced:
- Abdominal cramps
There is a warning on the packaging that it may include a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer, birth defects or reproductive harm.
This warning however is on many products sold throughout the US. This includes electrical wires, jewelry, padlocks, dishes, flashlights, and pesticides.
They may contain lead or other metals harmful to health.
Athletic Greens Reviews & Complaints
Reviews on Amazon for this product are mainly positive. Of 758 reviews 90% are 4* or above with an overall 4.2* rating.
Many customer are happy with the benefits they are experiencing using this product. Even though the price point is high, they are happy to pay it.
Denise De Marco writes:
I just ordered my second package of Athletic Greens because it’s been nothing short of a miracle for me. My energy is way up, my psoriasis is barely visible and I feel great. It is expensive, but with all the major food and nutrient sources it provides, it so worth it!
Many people report that they don’t get sick as often. They like the taste and find it easy to mix.
Jennifer C writes:
I’ve been taking Athletic Greens daily for 6+ years. My immunity is much-improved since I began taking this product (I got sick every few months previously, but now I rarely get sick), and I highly recommend it. Great company, great customer service (and appreciation for customers!), great product.
There are also customers that have not found this product helps them in any way.
Jeremy Martin reports:
On my fourth week of taking it every morning on an empty stomach… only thing I notice is I’m running to the bathroom about 15 min after and upset stomach usually for couple hours after. No noticeable energy increase/sustain throughout the day, no improvements in mood, no improvements in workouts, no improvement in sleep. Actually gained 2 lb during these 3-4 weeks…The taste is not horrible, I mixed with lemonade crystal light most of the time. Will not buy again, too expensive to continue for no noticeable effects.
There are many comments about the high price of the product. It is also not to everyone’s taste.
Amelia L. writes:
I was expecting this to taste better because of the positive reviews. I was planning on having my daughters drink it and there’s just no way that’s gonna happen. Not even in juice.
Athletic Greens: Packages, Prices & Where To Buy
This product should be be bought at official website (click here).
Each bag of this product weighs 360 g which is 30 days servings.
See below how the official site looks like.
Refunds and Returns Policy
The company offers a 60 day money back guarantee from your original order date.
You contact customer services and obtain a refund authorisation and return the product.
Refunds of the purchase price are given is full less shipping and handling costs.
The company further offers to refund double your money. You can claim this if you can find another higher quality all in one supplement.
Athletic Greens Pros & Cons
Athletic Greens Review: Final Verdict
We know that we should be getting the nutrients we need from a healthy diet.
In the real world this may not always be possible. Busy lifestyles tend to take over and grabbing a snack on run seems to be the only option.
This powder contains a lot of ingredients that may be beneficial to your health. There are many consumers that are very happy with their experiences.
It is worth noting however that your body will only take what it needs from any supplement. It may be that for the majority, supplementation of vitamins and minerals is not necessary.
It’s up to you to decide.
Should you try and increase the nutrients you get from your diet?
Or should you spend your hard earned cash on a supplement?