Ever notice a few skin spots in your sensitive places?
Don’t worry, you’re not alone.
However, many people find it difficult to identify the right solution for lightening1 these intimate marks.
Amaira Natural Lightening Serum aims to do just that.
Before you test it out, though… Check out our review below.
What Is Amaira Natural Lightening Serum?
Amaira Natural Lightening Serum is one of several plant-based products by Amaira Skincare.
Amaira Skincare is a holistic based company located in West Hollywood, California.
The company emphasizes a natural approach to skin care regimens.
Amaira dermatologists rely on herbal ingredients to produce safe and beneficial skin care formulas.
Amaira Natural Lightening Serum uses herbal extracts to whiten skin in sensitive areas.
Dark pigmentation in the genitals, nipples, underarms and inner thighs can lighten up to three shades.
Amaira’s natural ingredients provide a safe and expedient route to lighter skin.
Usually, six weeks of treatment is recommended. Some people notice results in only two weeks though.
Birthmarks, scars, freckles, melasma, sunspots, dark and hyperpigmentation can all be treated — even on the most sensitive of skin.
This one of the best lightening serum is free from harsh chemicals, parabens, perfume and hydroquinone.
The natural plant extracts brighten problem areas and help reverse signs of aging.
Amaira Natural Lightening Serum is FDA approved and made in the U.S.
The formula can be used by men and women of all skin types.
This lightening cream is safe for the face and body — giving you even-toned and youthful skin from top to bottom.
- Amaira Advanced Scar Vanishing Cream with Marine Botanicals is specifically formulated to diminish scars, cellulite, stretch marks and other blemishes. This organic cream also treats wrinkles and fine lines.
- Amaira Vaginal Tightening Gel with Manjakani Extract is a plant-based treatment to improve vaginal strength and tightness. The gel enhances natural lubrication and reduces dryness.
- Amaira Eye Illuminating Serum offers premium hydration to tighten the eye-area while treating crow’s feet and dark circles. Delicate skin tissue is restored with this lightweight serum.
Amaira Natural Lightening Serum Ingredients
The plant-based ingredients in Amaira Natural Lightening Serum create a brightening treatment safe for sensitive skin.
Even most minor ingredients in the serum are naturally derived: such as azelaic, hydroxyethylcellulose and ascorbic acid.
Let’s take a look at the major ingredients in detail.
This often overlooked ingredient contains tiny molecules that easily penetrate the skin2 .
Made from sugar cane, glycolic acid dissolving sebum in the top layer of skin.
The top layer sloughs off to reveal smoother and brighter skin beneath.
In addition to reducing blackheads, acne and signs of premature aging, beauty treatments sink in farther with the aid of glycolic acid.
Commonly known as B3, Niacinamide restores uneven skin tone and shrinks enlarged pores3 .
It also combats dullness and damage from heat and light.
When appropriately combined with Vitamin C (ascorbic acid), the beneficial properties of both ingredients skyrocket.
Kojic Acid4 is derived from Japanese mushrooms and rice.
It can lighten the skin up to three shades.
Well-known for it’s safe and effective properties, Kojic Acid is often used as a replacement for hydroquinone.
This skin lightener is found in cosmetics and skin care treatments worldwide.
Licorice extract5is an antioxidant powerhouse that protects skin from environmental damage.
It also treats skin discoloration and age spots through an active compound (glabridin).
Liquorice extract balances oil, as well, with a compound called licochalcone.
This plant extract comes from both bark and leaves6.
The mulberry leaf reduces tyrosine production in the body, which reduces melanin production.
Thus, new skin cells are lighter in color.
The mulberry bark nourishes the skin to promote a youthful appearance.
The minerals and natural moisturizing elements of the Orchid extracts further enhance your skin’s appearance7.
By fighting free radicals, damaged skin is repaired and new cells grow stronger than ever.
Orchid extract lends skin a healthy, radiant glow.
Like licorice, bearberry8 extract has incredibly strong antioxidant properties.
Bearberry also — via the arbutin compound — inactivates the tyroisine enzyme that forms skin pigmentation.
So, bearberry not only lightens skin, but prevents wrinkles and fine lines.
Hydroxyethylcellulose, glycerin, azeliac, ammonium hydroxide, caprylyl glycol, sorbic acid, ethylhexylglycerin, chloroxlenol, absorbic acid, sodium metibisulfite
How Does Amaira Natural Lightening Serum Work
Changes in the skin are a natural occurrence.
Skin discoloration can occur from friction, skin damage, aging, and inadequate hygiene.
Men and women of all skin shades may notice skin discoloration in sensitive and private areas.
Instead of bleaching the skin with harsh chemicals, Amaira Advanced Skin Lightening formula inhibits the formation of dark skin pigmentation.
As your old skin cells naturally shed, new brighter cells (with less melanin) grow to replace them.
The serum simultaneously works to combat exterior hyperpigmentation by lightning existing cells.
Additional anti-aging ingredients in this plant-based formula help rebuild stronger, smoother skin for a youthful complexion.
How to Use It
Due to the delicate nature of sensitive skin, Amaira Natural Lightening Serum is a gentle formula.
For safety reasons, this treatment is designed to improve skin steadily over a period of time.
You’ll want to apply the serum twice daily for 6-8 weeks.
The serum lightens skin up to 3 shades.
Naturally darker skin may take longer to brighten.
Begin with small amounts and apply every other evening for the first 2 weeks.
For sensitive skin, mix equal amounts of serum and moisturizer.
Apply every other day for 6 weeks.
- Lightly exfoliate the skin with a cleanser.
- Dry with soft towel.
- Apply serum.
Repeat these steps in the morning and evening for 6 weeks, or until reaching your desired skin tone.
Include a daily moisturizer in your skin care regimen.
If exposed to direct sunlight, apply SPF 30 sunscreen to the treated area.
Always perform a test patch first. Allow 2 to 3 days to ensure serum works with your skin.
Amaira Natural Lightening Serum Side Effects
Some side effects can be expected:
- Sun sensitivity
To combat these effects, apply a ceramide moisturizer and SPF 30 sunscreen.
Wait until the serum completely absorbs prior to applying these products.
However, aside from moisturizer and sunscreen, it is not recommended to use other skincare products with this serum.
This formula is not safe for
- Open wounds
- Broken skin
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Recently shaved or waxed areas
- Exposed skin without protective sunscreen
Is It A Scam?
It doesn’t look like a scam — but that doesn’t mean it works for everybody.
If you test it out, keep your order information handy.
Just in case you want a refund.
Also, remember to limit sun exposure and wear sunscreen — so your skin doesn’t get worse.
Amaira Natural Lightening Serum Reviews & Complaints
Out of 439 reviews, this lightening serum receives a 3.3 rating out of 5 stars.
Almost half (45%) of the reviews are 5 stars.
Roughly equal amounts (8-10%) are given for 4, 3 and 2 stars, respectively. 28% of reviewers classified Amaira Natural Lightening Serum as a 1 star product.
In just a few applications, I noticed a huge difference in sun spots. They started to fade quickly and my skin is getting more evenly colored! I don’t have to use tons of cover up anymore which is a big deal for me.
Read the instructions, do a test Area first. I fortunately did not react to this product but I do have sensitive skin and did the test first before moving to my face. Be sure to use sunscreen when using this product or the sun damage could get worse.
Paola V. Higaldoon explains:
I don’t see any difference yet. Nothing at all. I’ve gotten the fade cream before for much les and works much better. I expected this to be better than a $5 lightning cream and not completely useless. I guess it is not for everyone. Very disappointed
Due to the excellent customer service I am giving a 4 stars. They refunded the money and sent me another product. I am still using this. 2x a day every single day. I still don’t see any difference but I have started using the new bottle. I will come back and make another update after I have finished the product to give it more time to react.
Isabella tells all:
This product has given me a scary rash, itchiness, and slight bleeding in areas like a burn. I have sensitive skin, but other intimate lightening creams I’ve used (Caspah) did not irritate me! I am really upset and worried about the inflammation.
I can’t remember if mine was clear when I first got it, but it is an orange color now. Use extreme caution using this! I emailed the company, so waiting to hear back. I’m not sure if this product should be bought off of amazon, or if it’s just the product itself.
Amaira Natural Lightening Serum: Packages, Prices & Where To Buy It
Important: you can subscribe to an autoship order and receive a free eye-illuminating serum every month.
See below how the official site looks like.
Amaira Skincare offers a 60 day money back guarantee.
If you’re unsatisfied for any reason, a full refund will be provided.
The 60 day warranty is only available for purchases through Amaira Skincare and authorized resellers.
Pros & Cons
Amaira Natural Lightening Serum Review: Final Words
The Amaira Natural Lightening Serum is designed for delicate skin on the body.
However, before using it on genitals, nipples or other highly sensitized areas — ALWAYS do a test patch on thicker skin.
If you notice an adverse reaction on your arm or leg, you’ll know this product is not for you.
Who knows? It may work perfectly for you.
The long-lasting results might be worth the temporary side effects.
Follow the how-to instructions to a T and — before long — you may just be spot-free.
We laid out the facts, will you buy Amaira Natural Lightening Serum? Comment below and tell us what you think!
- Smit, Nico, Jana Vicanova, and Stan Pavel. “The hunt for natural skin whitening agents.” International journal of molecular sciences 10.12 (2009): 5326-5349. https://www.mdpi.com/1422-0067/10/12/5326
- Lim, Joyce Teng Ee. “Treatment of melasma using kojic acid in a gel containing hydroquinone and glycolic acid.” Dermatologic surgery 25.4 (1999): 282-284. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1046/j.1524-4725.1999.08236.x
- Oblong, John Erich, Donald Lynn Bissett, and Kimberly Ann Biedermann. “Methods of regulating skin appearance with vitamin B3 compound.” U.S. Patent No. 5,939,082. 17 Aug. 1999. https://patents.google.com/patent/US5939082A/en
- Cabanes, Juana, Soledad Chazarra, and F. R. A. N. C. I. S. C. O. GARCIA‐CARMONA. “Kojic acid, a cosmetic skin whitening agent, is a slow‐binding inhibitor of catecholase activity of tyrosinase.” Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology 46.12 (1994): 982-985. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.2042-7158.1994.tb03253.x
- Nerya, Ohad, et al. “Glabrene and isoliquiritigenin as tyrosinase inhibitors from licorice roots.” Journal of agricultural and food chemistry 51.5 (2003): 1201-1207. https://pubs.acs.org/doi/abs/10.1021/jf020935u
- Lee, Sang Hee, et al. “Mulberroside F isolated from the leaves of Morus alba inhibits melanin biosynthesis.” Biological and Pharmaceutical Bulletin 25.8 (2002): 1045-1048. https://www.jstage.jst.go.jp/article/bpb/25/8/25_8_1045/_article/-char/ja/
- Tadokoro, Taketsugu, et al. “Whitening efficacy of plant extracts including orchid extracts on Japanese female skin with melasma and lentigo senilis.” The Journal of dermatology 37.6 (2010): 522-530. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/j.1346-8138.2010.00897.x
- Carpenter, R., et al. “Evaluation of the antioxidant potential of grape seed and bearberry extracts in raw and cooked pork.” Meat science 76.4 (2007): 604-610. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S030917400700037X